Sunday 29 June 2008

Went up into the mountains today and ended up at this little lake called the Hintersee which we had a walk round, it was only very small by Austrian standards, it was 4 miles to walk round it. In fact that is me in the photo.








Didn't know John had taken this one, but photos of myself are so rare thought I would put it on anyway. Having a little paddle, the water was freezing cold but very refreshing, you can actually drink this water as well.




After getting home and having something to eat we went out again for another walk but ended up taking the wrong turning but didn't realise until we had trudged up a very steep hill and ended up in someone's farm. So we went all the way back down again and walked along the road a bit more until we came to another track which we walked up - it was the wrong one again, so that was another steep hill which we had walked up only to find it was wrong, I am sure John does it to me on purpose! Have to say though that the view was fabulous so it was worth it.


We haven't been out really at night time but last night was such a gorgeous evening we went into Strobl. I had been looking out for he Chocolate cake that I had last year but couldn't remember what it was called and nothing on the memu seemed to say Hot Chocolate cake. Anyway I recognised the waiter from last year and described it to him and he said they still did it so I had to have one, after all, I hadn't had any cake all day. The other two photos are just from our walk. I love it that there is so much walking on the doorstep.


Mmmmmm chocolatey, I couldn't actuall eat it all and had to let John finish it off for me which is a first!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh YUM!!!!!!!!!!! "HOT" chocolate cake!!!!!! Wow - does it get any better!?????

I think you have probably walked off several cakes worth of calories from the sounds of it! lol

Those views are stunning - and you look rather "cool" in your hat too missus!

Jac’s Playground said...

Have to agree with Tracey about looking good in your hat. I am really enjoying your holiday with such spectacular views and all these yummy scrummy cakes. I'm enjoying it so much pop over to my blog and pick up a special award. Jac x