Friday 27 June 2008


FRIDAY 27TH

Another overcast day today, although it did brighten up mid afternoon. This morning we went to a Wildlife park, and guess what - A DONKEY BIT ME!!!. Can you believe it, I thought it was putting its head through to nuzzle me and it bit the top of my leg - ouch! Anyway, I didn't take a photo of it, although I am sure I could pick it out from a line up if need be. Now I know why there are so many horse trials. LOL.

There were some lovely little giddy goats though and here are a couple of them for you to awwww at.







John (in the new shirt I bought him!) and goat.
Magnificent, aren't they.



The park itself was very high up in the mountains and on the way back we came round a bend to the most amazing view, we had to pull over and walk back to have a proper look. It was a bit hazy so not the best of days to see it, but if that was the last thing I ever saw I would go happy. I did take a photo for you but as I said it really doesn't show it to it's best advantage, I don't think you can tell from the photo that just before the mountains in the background is a lake, you had to be there really and I wish you could have been.






On the way back we ended up going via Bad Ischl - AGAIN, and ended up in Zauners, I think we should have a frequent eaters card that entitles us to a free cake. Just as we got to there we noticed that the sky was really dark and, as usual, we had left the coats in the car, anyway we decided to eat inside for a change and no sooner had we choosen and got a table the heavens opened and everyone who was sat outside all dashed inside. Fortunately it didn't last too long as I was worried that once we finished our cake they would throw us out as they needed the table, but John said that we would just have to have another piece of cake, fortunately it didn't come to that. Anyway here are today's delicacies


Forgot to tell you, the other day we were walking along when a car stopped with two old ladies in, either Austrian or German, anyway they didn't speak any English but were asking us did we know the way to the Swimming baths, we knew the German for that. Anyway we didn't know exactly where it was but I did remember seeing a sign so we at least knew they were going the wrong way so tried to tell them that they needed to turn round, anyway we walked on and kept looking round for them but they must have continued on (this wasn't on the main road it was a little road that went to the children's playground and the tennis courts) just up ahead there was a big sign and on it said Swimming Baths so we waited for them to come back to point it out. So there we are stood next to the sign pointing to the bit that said swimming baths and waving as we saw the car coming, unfortunately it wasn't them, they gave us a right funny look, don't know why.

Anyway, John is waiting for his tea so that is all for now folks.

6 comments:

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

aww those photos are gorgeous!!! and that cake looks yummy - i looked back on your blog, you're very into cake huh? xx

Val said...

Dainty Doll, the cake thing started as a bit of a joke as the cakes here are so gorgeous and we do have a piece every day, but that is all we have until tea time apart from breakfast and we are out walking for most of the time. Anyway I promised my team mates on UKS a Cake of the Day feature.

Elsonbabe said...

And well worth the effort you take Val....am loving the variety...how do you choose just ONE???:)...at least I won't put on weight:D x x

Unknown said...

Oh wow - I love the look of the first cake - I'm hungry now - and toast for breakfast doesn't sound very appetising now!! tut

Jac’s Playground said...

More scrummy cakes Val and that view does look great and I can imagine how much better it looks IRL. Hows the leg? ok now I hope after your encounter with the donkey - what a mean donkey.

Wee Hels said...

Oh wow - those cakes look absolutely gorgeous - yep I wished I was there but then again not sure my expanding waistline would cope! TFS