Wednesday 28 May 2008

Holiday Countdown

Can't believe that in just over 3 weeks we will be in Austria again. It has come round so quickly and there are now just 3 weekends before we go - eeek! The beautiful chalet at the top of the page is where we are going to be staying and I just can't wait. We have decided to buy a Camcorder, something I have wanted for a long time, so this year we will be able to capture the beauty of Austria more easily as a still photograph just can't quite capture it. We have been going for many years now but never tire of it, from the moment I step off the plane it makes my spirits soar. We normally fly into Salzburg but are flying into Germany this year as the times are much better. My Partner will be taking his laptop away with him (for work) so I am hoping to get on every day - watch out for the "Cake of the Day" - they are very big on cakes in Austria and they eat them in style, there is nothing like it in this country. From the huge glass counters filled with every gateau imaginable to the waitresses in their national costume, the marble and the chandeliers it is another world. I can still remember two particular cakes I had last year - sad I know! and will definitely be having them again this year.

2 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Shall definately be tuning in for the cake of the day!

Kirsti said...

Me too! No calories in cyber-cakes!! LOL