Friday 4 July 2008

LAST DAY

Well, after the storm last night it has been a very cloudy day today and a lot cooler. After a slow start, a leisurely breakfast and a bit of packing we were going to go into Bad Ischl to spend the last day and to have one last visit to Zauners Konditori, then if the weather lifted go into Fuschl. When we got to Bad Ischl though it was the busiest we have ever seen it and couldn't find a parking space so ended up in Strobl. We had a stroll round then took the boat across the Wolfgangsee to St. Wolfgang. We had lunch at a cafe we always go to when we visit St. Wolfgang, they didn't have much choice as far as cake was concerned, but dear readers, I couldn't let you down on the last day so had to have something.



Photograph taken from the boat looking towards St. Wolfgang and showing the White Horse Inn. I am assuming this is a hotel, caught sight of it from the boat and thought it was beautiful.

Some more horses for Tracey. After taking this one, I took another couple of the pair at the front, then moving down the line I was going to take a photo of the brown pair and said to John they they don't photograph as well as the lighter coloured horses and as I said it it turned and look at me as if to say "how dare you" so thought I had better take one.


We had gone into the Tourist Info in Strobl and was asking them if they had any information on holiday homes and we found another one so went to have a look at it, we did find it eventually but I didn't like the look of it but we did come across this lot. Looks like they are both chewing on a straw.


These are actually soaps, I look at them every time I visit St. Wolfgang, but I doubt I would be able to get one home in one piece.


Last photograph of the house, I am sure we will stay here again though.



This photo was taken from the door in the dining room, wish this was my view at home.


I think I caught quite a poignant moment here, it just says last day holiday blues and wishing we weren't going home.



I hope you have enjoyed the last two weeks, obviously not as much as John and I! and I hope that it has inspired you to visit Austria in the future and if you do I hope you fall in love with it as much as we have.

Aufweidershen!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwww - that last pic is so whistful! I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog -your tours - the horses and of course the cakes!!!

The buildings and scenery are stunning - and I really want to see them for myself one day!

Iknow it's depressing to be going home - but just think - your little cats will all be there waiting anxiously for your return! ;)

Jac’s Playground said...

Totally agree with what Tracey has written, its been such an enjoyable time for us as well seeing all these little snippets, thanks for taking us!

Val said...

So glad that I have been able to share one of my passions with you and that you have enjoyed the journey.

Valxx