Wednesday 2 July 2008

ALTAUSEE & BAD GOISERN

Today we went to Altuasee, another little village situated on a lake. There are so many of them in this part of Austria which is why we love it so much, I find them so relaxing. The lake itself is about 4 miles round so we walked round first then had a little boat trip. The village itself was quite small but there were some lovely houses. It was another lovely hot day until we got home when it went really dark and the heavens opened again and we had thunder and lightening and huge hailstones. It has stopped now thank goodness and it supposed to be another nice day tomorrow, I hope so anyway we are supposed to be going up into an area called the Tauplitz which is a mountain pasture full of wild flowers.












I mentioned Bad Goisern before and told you about a lovely park that we went round, but I don't think I put any photos on, anyway here are a couple.





For the Cake of the Day, we went back to the Konditori we went to last time we were in Bad Goisern. John had the Sacher Torte again which was 100% better than the one he had the other day, very moist. I had the Haus Torte which was also delicious. Oh dear, only another two cake eating days to go.





I can't believe we have been here almost two weeks, it has gone so fast. I am so glad I have blogged every day as I now have something to look back on and remind me of a wonderful holiday. I was only saying to John today that it is quite easy to become blase about the scenery, after all we have been 7 times now, I said that I was almost envious of someone coming for the first time. Funnily enough I can remember the first time we came, we actually drove over in our own car and as we neared Austria I felt very nervous in case it didn't live up to my expectations, but it literally took my breath away. I can't recommend it highly enough, although we have been to other parts of Austria the Salzgammergut has to be our favourite and especially where the house is, it is really central to lots of lovely places to visit. Anyway Wiederschon!




3 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Yummy cakes again, thanks Val. Your photos are gorgeous, I love the one of the lake which has the beautiful reflection of the mountain and clouds in it, I long to be able to take stunning photos of that calibre.

Unknown said...

Those houses are so beautiful! I recall doing jigsaws of houses like that when i was a child! lol

better have 2 cakes tomorrow val - and the next day - then you will be all caked up when you come home.

can't believe your holiday is almost over - I think because you have kept in touch this time it doesn't actually feel as if you have been away - IYKWIM!

Monica Gale said...

Oh Sacher torte is my absolute favorite and one I bake myself every now and again, yum yum. M xxx