Thursday 20 August 2009

Hopefully you won't be disappointed this visit as there are quite a few new things to see.

This is a card I made for a colleague at work. I bought the Tilda stamp and now I am not sure I like it. I have quite a few and there are about 3 that I don't really like. I came up with the idea of her holding the banner and think it worked quite well and you could have the banner saying anything, as long as it fits. Please excuse the writing though.





Now, I can't be the only person that finds it hard to sit in front of the tv and not actually do something. I have always had a 'thing' for flowers and just can't stop drawing them and colouring them in, it is almost a compulsion! my long suffering other half asked me why I kept making them and I simply said 'because I can't stop' I only stop when my eyes are so tired that they can't focus any more. Having said that I haven't made any for about a week now, but I do sit colouring stamped images in. Now, any suggestions as to what I should do with all these flowers? In fact, this just a small selection of them, I have boxes of them, but I think these are the nicest.



















There are quite a few stamps used on this card, there is the swirly stamp used on the stampbord piece, the butterfly stamped on shrink plastic, the backbround stamp used on the left hand side and the Just for You stamp. I want to do a few more stampbord pieces so watch this space.



And this is the card.





This is a stamp from Pink Gem Designs, I recently came across them through UK Scrappers and bought 3 to start my collection off. I have used the new Pro-Markers I also bought recently, they take a bit of getting used to and although it isn't the best colouring in in the world, I am really pleased with how it turned out. The first few I did the colours were very soft, but I much prefer the more vibrant colours. I have another one in different colours it just needs the card to go on.










I made this card a while ago. I bought a die cut decoupage kit from Create & Craft, well, my eyes aren't what they used to be! once I got the kit I couldn't stop making them and was really pleased how they turned out. The papers I used are from the Stampin up range and really lovely.




6 comments:

honora2929 said...

Val its all so beautiful and i love those flowers ,if you are selling i will buy some they are truly beautiful .I love all your cards and the one you made for your friend at work is fab .Well done girlie .xHon

Sally said...

The flowers are absolutely glorius! I too would buy those, as they look very professional. The cards are lovely too.

Darcy Marshall said...

OMG those flowers are stunning,especially the first photo of them. You should bag them up and sell them.

Val said...

Oh ladies, firstly thank you for popping in to my Blog and secondly an even bigger thank you about my flowers, I can't believe the lovely things you have all said. It is much appreciated.

MicheleP said...

Vak what beautiful cards and as to those flowers - well they are just LUSH! The others are right, you should sell them. I would definately buy some. Well sone on blogging again xxx

becslb said...

I love the cards Val and the flowers are gorgeous! I agree about selling them - they would look great on a LO round a photo!